Please Recommend a Tent Seam Seal Company

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Takein 08 Sep 2020

Got an MSR Hubba Hubba that needs the seams cleaning and resealing/taping. They are currently a sticky delaminating mess, tent is out of warranty but still in good condition otherwise.

MSR recommend stripping and cleaning all seams with alcohol and retaping. Would like recommmendations for a company who can do this for me.

A search on this forum throws up some old recommendations for Scottish Mountain Gear however their Google reviews are mixed at best.

Any other suggestions for reputable companies?

Thanks

Andy Johnson 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Takein:

I know you're asking for a company, but a couple of years ago I fixed the seams on my old Wild Country trisar using Mcnett Seam Grip. A tenner from Amazon or ebay.

OP Takein 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Takein:

Thanks Andy, got some of the McNett stuff and used it before on small repairs. It's good stuff.

Not looking for DIY suggestions in this instance as I'm already familiar with those... I'm looking for a company who can strip clean and retape all the seams for me...

Mick Bradshaw 08 Sep 2020
In reply to Takein:

I've used SMG twice recently for a pole repair (new section) and a tent inner repair - both were done pretty quickly and I would recommend them (but appreciate others may have had different experiences though??)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...