which 2-3l pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 12 Aug 2020

Morning guys. 

Looking at getting a new pack as im starting to up up my distance  again.

I run with trail short currently and plan to keep using them but as were gettinf closer to the winter months i go thibk what if something happens to me on the trails. 

Run will be to 50km as that my ultimate  goal

Would like to carry 

Car keys currently also carry in my shorts

1l of water  the race i want to enter say i have to carry a 1l. I dont see me drinking this much as i only do about 250 on  half marathon. I used to carry a handheld  500ml but it was nevrr that comfy to hold.

My samsung phone i currently  put in short too but would prefer to be carry in my pack. 

Space blanket  (i favor this over gloves amd head scarf/hat)

Waterproof

Up to 4 gels and 4 harbio but i can put some in my shorts

Headtorch.

I used to own agile 2 from salomon  and i was big fan but  the prices have shot up.

Are they anothet over pack worth looking at it been  good few months scicne ive jad look around. I sont think the cheaper decathlon  packs are quite right as i think the 5l will be too heavy and the marathon  on too small  on space.

Post edited at 11:00
 Dark-Cloud 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

Salomon SLAB 2 is down to £68 on Sportshoes at the moment, only in a L or XL though

OP Shaunhaynes99 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Looks nice and light. The pockets at the front look nice and deep too. 

I can swap out the harbio for sis go energy / go electrolyte as would mean carrying less

Post edited at 11:31
 mountainbagger 12 Aug 2020

My setup is Ultimate Direction SJ vest with 2 x 500ml soft bottles filled with water/Tailwind. Room for phone, keys and snacks (though I find Tailwind means I don't need the snacks).

In reply to mountainbagger:

That what im thinking.  Sis caloies in sis go energy  should mean i could  cut down on the gels/snacks. Im a heavey sweaty anyway so do nees to keep my fluid upif i swapped to something  like sis go energy  that woudl mean i can get rid of  some the snacks. I would probably  need to swap  to electrolyte  gels but im sure i could make that.

Post edited at 12:21
 Ridge 12 Aug 2020

Inov 8 race elite vest would fit the bill, comes with 2 x 500ml bottles (they call them soft flasks but they aren't). £55 at sportshoes and amazon, can be had for about £45 elsewhere on line.

I carry similar amount of stuff on winter training runs and it fits in easily. If you need to carry more kit I've found putting the waterproofs in a dry bag and clipping it to the rear bungey net works well.

Thata a bit better for my budget.  Ill have a little look for them. Thanks 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...