REVIEW: La Sportiva Jackal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 07 Aug 2020
Jackal review

"I liked the Jackal from the moment I first put them on and have continued to love them through repeated use" says Rob Greenwood. Designed for ultra distances runners, this light-but-cushioned trail shoe would be a good choice for anyone looking for a comfy do-it-all shoe at any distance.

Read more
 galpinos 07 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Rob, that is quite a dashing all orange outfit you are sporting......

In reply to galpinos:

In hindsight I should have probably gone with either the orange top or the orange shorts, both is potentially too much of a bright thing.

That said, at least there is no danger of me ever getting lost or going missing - pretty sure I'm visible from space with this combo

andybenham 10 Aug 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Interesting. Sounds like these sit somewhere between the akashas & mutants. I've used both on long ultras & have been very impressed with them. Might have to give these a spin 

In reply to andybenham:

I haven't used the Akashas, but have used the Mutants, and if you like them then the Jackals - at least in my opinion - compliment them quite well.

I tend to use the Mutant for wetter/muddier conditions and rougher ground, then use the Jackals when it's drier, or when I'm running longer distances on firmer track/trail. Clearly this makes the Mutant more of a winter shoe and the Jackal more of a summer shoe, but that's potentially a bit of an over generalisation as each is a lot more versatile than that gives them credit for.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...