Rucksacks for a long torso

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tringa 04 Aug 2020

I'm looking for opinions/advice on rucksacks suitable for long torsos.

I realise I will need to go to a shop and try some for fit and I'm guessing many(possibly all) makers do rucksacks for long torsos but I'd be grateful for any views on makes that people have found to be good.

Thanks

Dave

Dale Berry 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

Aiguille Alpine do a long length and I'm sure would custom fit something for you if that wasn't enough.

Post edited at 16:17
 nikoid 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

I had a Macpac Ascent for years. They come, or used to come in different lengths. Tough as old boots canvas material, but a bit on the heavy side. 

barry donovan 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

Agree that Macpac are really good for long back if they still are available in a size 3. Esp good in the pursuit etc because they sit low and the lid doesn’t hit the back of your head when you look up with a helmet on.   

cb294 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

I have a long torso and stumpy little dachshund legs. I swear by Mammut for climbing packs and Macpac or Fjaellraven for bigger trekking type sacks.

CB

nniff 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

As above - Aiguille Alpine.  Mostly, the longer back lengths are for women, apparently

Paul Evans 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

The Osprey Sizing app is great - take a selfie, mark your shoulder and hip points, and enter your height. It calculates your back length. Works a treat, and the two osprey sacks I have bought using it are the best fittting sacks I have ever had. 

Paul

Harry Ellis 04 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

Crux in a size 3 are pretty long

misterb 05 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

Osprey Packs in size large should be good, especially the adjustable ones

Marmolata 05 Aug 2020
In reply to Tringa:

I had the best fit with an Gregory Pack in XL size. Deutet did not fit at all.

This was 6 or 7 years ago while looking for Medium sized hiking pack (Z40 approx 40 L) habe used it a lot on ling walks, easy climbs and for cragging and am very pleased with fit and function.

OP Tringa 05 Aug 2020
In reply to Marmolata:

Many thanks for the replies everyone.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...