Outdoor poster fixings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 30 Jun 2020

DIY question for the UKC hive mind (the font of knowledge that just keeps on giving 😁).

We've bought an outdoor poster for one of the garden walls, it's got eyelets and I'm expecting to fix it by drilling in some eye hooks (or whatever they're called) and then attaching with those little bungee cord thingies (to help tension the poster flat).

Problem is, there are three quadrillion different bungee cord fixings out there, and I've little idea which ones to get (size, adjustable or not, etc)

Does anyone have experience of doing this and can therefore give some relevant guidance/advice.

Thanks very muchly.

PS: don't need advice on the colour, got that bit sorted 😁

nikoid 30 Jun 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Maybe cable ties to fix to your screw in eyes? Remember to cut the tails off once you've got the tension right for neatness. 

OP Michael Hood 30 Jun 2020
In reply to nikoid:

Cable ties would do for temporary, but I think it'd be better with some elasticity in the system. Without it, there's potential for damage if it gets too windy; flap, flap, tear.

I'd be concerned that however accurately I tensioned with cable ties, it wouldn't stay like that and it'd somehow shift when I wasn't looking.

deepsoup 30 Jun 2020
In reply to Michael Hood:

Cable ties will do fine as long as your banner is reasonably robust.  It's up against a wall, so it won't be catching much wind.  If you want it to be permanent though you could ditch the cable ties/bungees/whatever and screw directly through the eyelets with a penny washer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...