NEWS: Lockdown Lifting in Scotland and Wales - What We Know

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 25 Jun 2020
A glorious evening on Crib Goch

With the expected easing of travel limits in both Scotland and Wales, hillwalking and climbing should soon be back on the agenda for all of us. Here's the current state of play.

Read more
 John2 25 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

The army intend to keep Range East in Pembrokeshire closed until the end of July, even at weekends - I'm not sure whether they will open it up then or not. Range West will be closed until after next year's briefings. These are very significant restrictions on the Pembrokeshire climbing.

Elfyn Jones 25 Jun 2020

A bit more info and details regarding the situation in Wales in the article on the BMC website

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/welsh-restrictions-lifted-whats-different-for-the-...

Also in reply to the comment about the Castlemartin Ranges in Pembrokeshire, we are in discussion with the National Park and the MoD and we are hopeful that the car parks at St Govan's and Stack rocks and the coastline in between will be open as usual, subject to firing restrictions from July 6th onwards... and almost certainly will be from July 13th. There may be some additional seasonal restrictions due to nesting birds which will be noted on signs at the car parks and of course on the BMC RAD.

Thansk

Elfyn Jones

BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)

Post edited at 12:06
 John2 25 Jun 2020
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thank you Elfyn, that's the first I have heard of Range East reopening. I still think it is entirely unreasonable that Range West should be shut for a whole year - I hardly ever see anyone else there.

Blunderbuss 25 Jun 2020

What's the ridge in the photo? 

Andy Johnson 25 Jun 2020
In reply to Blunderbuss:

Caption says Crib Goch

In reply to Elfyn Jones:

Thanks for the update Elfyn. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...