Rockfax Peak bouldering guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Beaton 12 Jun 2020

Does the Rockfax symbol next to a route or problems in the UKC database mean that route or problem is in the latest printed Rockfax guidebook?

The reason I ask is that my son is getting into bouldering and there are a lot of easier problems in the UKC database with this symbol next to them that aren't in the definitive BMC guides I already own. So I'm considering buying the Rockfax bouldering guide for when I take my son out if it contains lots of easier problems that aren't in the guides I already have

In reply to Sam Beaton:

Hi Sam,

You're quite right: if it has the Rockfax symbol next to it then the problem will be in the latest edition of Peak Bouldering (or - if you're feeling particularly modern - the App).

Good luck in getting out/about!

OP Sam Beaton 12 Jun 2020
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Thanks Rob. I'm old fashioned and like ticks in a guidebook so I'll be buying the book!

In reply to Sam Beaton:

To be fair, me too

That said, I have used the App a lot more lately. Now that we've got a one year old within our lives, whenever we go out climbing space is at something of a premium because of the all the general life clutter required to keep a child alive. As a result I've tended to leave the guidebook at home simply to save on space/weight.

I still prefer paper though, same with other books. I have enough screen time in my life whilst working, plus there's something wholesome about holding an actual book.

OP Sam Beaton 12 Jun 2020
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

I've just placed an order for the book. As soon as a phone is invented with an everlasting battery that can survive falling out of a pocket onto rocks 200ft below and survive a drizzly day in the hills I'll be buying the App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...