Not-winter boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveM 29 May 2020

Looking for recommendations for big boots, for summer alpine and big days in the hills. For winter I have Nepal Extreme’s which have always fitted like a dream so a similar shape/last would be a good starting point. TIA

Dark-Cloud 30 May 2020
In reply to SteveM:

La Sportiva Trango Tower ? I find they fit perfect but don’t have Nepal’s to compare as I use them in summer and winter.

There is a UKC review somewhere that’s pretty favourable

Nik 30 May 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I wear nepal extremes in winter and used to have Trango Cube Gtx which fitted wonderfully but have the softest sole known to man - believe it's the same as the Trango Towers. Might not care if you can get them cheaply though.

GGD 30 May 2020
In reply to SteveM:

A mate of mine put this together, you may find it helpful - https://www.no-thrills.com/best-alpine-mountaineering-boots

In reply to SteveM:

Outside have a mega deal on La Sportiva Trango Cube. £157.50 which is a totally steal.

Order them in the same size as your Nepals and you won’t be disappointed.

https://www.outside.co.uk/la-sportiva-trango-cube-gtx-mountaineering-boots....

acrkirby 30 May 2020
In reply to SteveM:

Hanwag via ferrata combi's, they are so good, better edge than any la sportiva or scarpa boot i've owned for walking, they have a slight flex that makes long glacier walks painless, a pretty good edge for climbing up to S in wales and the lakes. I've used mine in the alps, morocco and the uk, i use them in winter on nice ridge days such as the eagachs and lliatach, they were warm up to 4000m on toubkal in march and breathable enough to slog accross the midi glacier in high summer to do a rock route. Plus there not as expensive as the la sportiva equivalent usually

tehmarks 01 Jun 2020
In reply to SteveM:

I have no idea how they compare to the newer varieties of Trango, but I have the old Trango Extremes and have found them perfect for summer alpine - obviously less so for hill days in the UK given their stiffness though. If you don't want a B3 boot, I imagine whatever the B2 equivalent is in the range would be perfect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...