Camera Stuff bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 28 May 2020

Hope someone can help. I'm looking for a soft stuff bag for a camera with a zoom lens. Like any other stuff bag, but with a fleece or padded lining, preferably waterproof.  
I want to be able to stuff my DSLR with 400mm lens into the bag, and then I can stick that in my climbing/trekking rucksack.

Google ain't helping me, maybe because I don't know what to search for.

Ta.

Blue Straggler 28 May 2020
In reply to Fredt:

Could you get one of those little “trekking” microfibre towels, wrap the camera in that and chuck it in a thin “dry bag”? Or even cut a sleeve off a cheap/old fleece and use that as your packaging? 

mondite 28 May 2020
In reply to Fredt:

There are some fleece pouches but not sure they are up to much. If you search for drawstring camera bag/pouch will find some.

All the ones I know of are inflexible outers. f I wanted this sort of bag I would take Blue Stragglers approach and get a dry bag and then make an inner lining out of a fleece/towel.

Blue Straggler 28 May 2020
In reply to mondite:

Could even fix the towel (or whatever cutoff fleece; maybe even a double folded cutoff from a thin fleece blanket) properly as a liner for the dry bag, by gluing or (compromising waterproofness unless you then apply seam sealant but this puts us into the realm of faff) sewing 

Rob Parsons 28 May 2020
In reply to Fredt:

I notice that the classic 'Camera Care Systems' cases now seem to be available again. Maybe one of those would help? See http://www.ccscentre.co.uk/

nniff 28 May 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

CCS cases were excellent - one protected a hefty SLR when it went for a tumble down the scree slopes in a thunderstorm at Wintour's Leap. 

"Where's my camera gone?"

"Oh, is that what it was. It's somewhere at the bottom of the scree slope...."

PS. Are you sure they're resurrected? - I think that's still the old website and long dead.

The next best thing might be Crumpler

Post edited at 14:27
 Rob Parsons 28 May 2020
In reply to nniff:

> CCS cases were excellent - one protected a hefty SLR when it went for a tumble down the scree slopes in a thunderstorm at Wintour's Leap. 

Yes. I had similar experiences with mine.

> PS. Are you sure they're resurrected? - I think that's still the old website and long dead.

No, I'm not. I just went for a web search and found that site, but I think you're right.

Tringa 29 May 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

There are plenty of of CCS bags on Ebay. I don't know if they are genuine ones but they look OK.  Worth having a look at with a bit of caveat emptor, perhaps.

Dave

Post edited at 08:02
 Sean_J 29 May 2020
In reply to Fredt:

I have used an Exped Crush drybag for about 10 years, could fit a small-ish DSLR easily if you can find the right size. Normal Exped drybag, but with a dense 4mm foam inner layer with a velcro closure on it. Maybe not as padded as a CCS bag but it's more waterproof/dustproof.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...