Looking for Swiss Alpine Climbing Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JonnoK 21 May 2020

Hi,

I'm looking for rope partners this summer for classic alpine style mountaineering in the Swiss Alps.

If you are resident in Switzerland and are looking to get up into Alps now that huts are beginning to open, then give me a shout.

Regards,

J

walts4 21 May 2020
In reply to JonnoK:

Hopefully as soon as I can return to Valsesia Italy, I’d be keen as I’m sure I’ll be free from work all summer. That’s assuming the border stays open & I can drive over the Simplon.

Drop me a email & I’ll send phone number etc.

peter

Alfrede 06 Jun 2020
In reply to walts4:

Hi, I plan to be in Saastal for two weeks starting 15th August on my own before I join the Alpine Club meet in early September (if that goes ahead of course!)  and am looking at the moment for partners for classic routes. Please add me to your possibilities. I will have a car to get to adjacent valleys also though I have plenty to go for still in Saas itself. You can get me direct on alfrobertson2@hotmail.com.

OG 06 Jun 2020
In reply to JonnoK:

Out of interest do you know if/when the Italian and Swiss huts are planning to reopen? I had assumed they would be closed indefinitely so haven’t been checking; but sounds I may be wrong?

1philjones1 07 Jun 2020
In reply to OG:

According to Swiss info website, they’ve been open for a few weeks

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/multimedia/covid-19-impact_low-expectations-fo...

OG 07 Jun 2020
In reply to 1philjones1:

Thanks - v interesting. I found this article which summarises the situation on travel to/from Alpine regions in Europe as well as the situation with mountain huts: https://www.thehiking.club/covid-19-update-for-hiking-in-the-alps - could be useful for others

Assuming it's accurate this all sounds more promising than I'd thought for mid/late season!

1philjones1 07 Jun 2020
In reply to OG:

I’m hoping so, got apartment booked in Zermatt mid September. Fingers crossed.

In reply to OG:

The SAC huts are open but operating at limited capacity.  Currently the Swiss borders are closed to non-Swiss citizens or residents unless for specific reasons (work, passage through Switzerland to another country etc).  However the situation in Switzerland is rapidly relaxing and I expect the huts will increase their capacity - though it might still be reduced somewhat throughout this season.   

CRISTEA 03 Jul 2020
In reply to JonnoK:

Hi mate,

I'm pretty much looking for a rope partner for some classic routes in Switzerland as well.

Was thinking of doing Dom from Randa and potentially another mountain over 4-5 days. This would be at the end of August this year.

Email me if you're still interested and let's plan something.

cristea.madalin.mv17@gmail.com

-Cris

mikewicksteed 12 Jul 2020
In reply to JonnoK:

Hello J. I am based in Geneva and I am free to climb this week, until 20th. I've been climbing a while and am quite experienced; I'd would love to do a classic or two in Switzerland, as I tend to climb in France more.

Mike

078 207 17 15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...