Colour theory and Government signage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Red = Danger / Stop

Green = Safety / Go

Colour perception is supposed to be subjective, but we live largely in the same society. We speak the same language, it's more subliminal but we decode colours in the same way too.

I think it's telling that we're being manipulated by government signage in a subtle, visual way. If the powers that be were more explicit and said in words that they valued the economy more than life they'd be out on their ears!

That said, at some point, could a ruined economy could become more dangerous than even covid?

Do you trust Sage to judge this right?

I'm uneasy - the scariest thing, surely, is the fact that all of this is going on behind closed doors.

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> That said, at some point, could a ruined economy could become more dangerous than even covid?

That is a false dichotomy and one which is being used deliberately by people with an agenda.

Productive people dying and becoming ill is at least as big a hit to the economy as a an extra month in lockdown.  If someone gets ill and does not die but is not well enough to get back to work for six months or a year and needs treatment that costs a lot more money than them taking two extra weeks off work.

If we raise the lockdown too soon and as a result a second spike comes along and we need to start over with a second lockdown we will end up with a longer total lockdown period than if we were cautious about when we ended the first lockdown.

Thinking that easing lockdown faster is the best way to get the economy going is like thinking driving faster is a good strategy to get somewhere sooner when it is dark and your headlights are f*cked and you can't see that far ahead.

In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

> Thinking that easing lockdown faster is the best way to get the economy going is like thinking driving faster is a good strategy to get somewhere sooner when it is dark and your headlights are f*cked and you can't see that far ahead.

Or we're all on a speeding bus with BoJo behind the wheel (he loves a bus) with a committee of scientists and advisers shouting conflicting instructions at him?

Post edited at 16:34
 wercat 11 May 2020
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

I think I prefer the yellow with diagonal black stripes warning as it works for the colour blind as well.

Condition WASP = Extreme Hazard

Condition HONEYBEE = Exercise Caution

Condition  GRASSHOPPER = All Clear

Post edited at 17:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...