Tent internal height question...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 09 May 2020

I'm close to purchasing the MSE Elixir 2 but have a slight hesitation about internal height.

The spec says 102 cm internal height but I cant find specific information whether this means inner tent height or fly internal height?

Its important as my sitting height is a touch over 98 cm and I really don't want my head to be touching the top which it probably will if the manufacturer spec refers to the height of the fly....

Any ideas about this one? Thanks.

RWT 09 May 2020
In reply to abr1966:

Hiya. MSR have a little diagram on the Elixir 2's page on their website. It shows the 102cm with a scale on the diagram and it looks 100% like it's indicating that it's to the top of the inner. Sorry I can't figure out how to post the picture here, I'm a bit thick like that, but you'll get it on their website. Best of luck!

spenser 09 May 2020
In reply to abr1966:

The diagram shows it is the internal height either side of the bracing pole.

I've got the Elixir 3 which has an internal height of 104cm and it feels like it has loads of room (my sitting height is roughly 95cm).

OP abr1966 09 May 2020
In reply to RWT:

Thanks....I'm only using my phone so cant really get an objective view.....I've seen the diagram but couldn't tell from that! Cheers

RWT 09 May 2020
In reply to abr1966:

You're very welcome. Happy Camping!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...