My Favourite Hill Photo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 04 May 2020
Winter on Spidean Coire nan Clach, Beinn Eighe

Since the hills are currently unattainable, and the views closer to home just aren't as inspiring, we've found ourselves browsing the site galleries a lot in recent weeks. The standard of the best submissions never ceases to amaze. Here some of the leading contributors to the galleries each pick a photo that's special to them.

Read more
 Sean Kelly 04 May 2020
In reply to UKH Articles:

One question Dan. Which is James Roddie's photo? If it is the headline image, it looks cropped too tight and it doesn't enlarge when clicked. Some figures are half missing.

Otherwise it was as interesting to read the comments as much as view the images. Thanks for putting it all together, and it seems that you can't beat the Highlands for photogenic scenery to inspire the photographer. It obviously helps to live close to one of these mountain areas though!

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 04 May 2020

Lovely set, nice to browse and dream. Congratulations everyone. 

Mike Hutton 04 May 2020

Thanks Dan and all the contributors for some great stories and inspirational photos! Well done

Post edited at 14:11
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Thanks Sean.

Do you mean the first image in the article? That's James', and it's not been cropped. The expand function works for me: have you tried refreshing your browser? This (uncropped) is also the thumbnail on the UKH montage.

But if you're looking at the image on the Facebook post, then yes they do crop photos into a thinner letterbox. This would be a faff for us to allow for every time we publish an image, though I'm sure we could. 

jethro kiernan 04 May 2020

Cheers Dan and the photographers of UKH

Myfyr Tomos 04 May 2020

Thanks Dan and everybody involved. It's been a most interesting experience. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...