REVIEW: Deuter Guide 44+ Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 06 Mar 2020

From walking, to scrambling, to climbing, this is a decent mountain all-rounderPart of a major revamp to Deuter's Guide range, the new Guide 44+ is proving an excellent all-round mountain pack, equally at home on hill walks, scrambles and winter climbs, says Dan Bailey. It's not a lightweight minimalist, though...

Read more

phizz4 06 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Is it possible that this is both a day pack and a trekking (whatever that is) pack? I can get three days worth of backpacking kit in a 38 litre Osprey sack, so this should easily be big enough for that job. I also have one of the older Deuter packs, 35+, with the side zip. That is very useful for accessing climbing gear without having to take my warm/waterproof layers out of the top (thus letting in the elements), or vice versa depending on how I have packed the Sack. Agree with the build quality and comfort though, and I'm willing to pay the weight price for that with my ageing back.

gooberman-hill 07 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I have the older Deuter Guide 35+. It's a brilliantly functional sac, and big enough to use on multi day expeditions ( I've just used it for a Haardanger Plateau crossing with a tent, stove etc).

The side zip is a key selling point for me - I can access my flask without getting out the things I really to be at the top (like the drysac full of spare gloves, or the tent inner which necessarily gets packed last!)

Steve

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...