Big Agnes tents - great customer service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Helen R 26 Feb 2020

I know we can all be quick to complain about bad customer service, so I wanted to share the opposite experience.

I bought a Big Agnes Seedhouse 2 tent on a US trip back in 2007, after seeing a recommendation on UKC when I was looking for a lightweight option. After moving to New Zealand, using backcountry huts more, and then not doing much tramping (as I now call it) recently, my tent had been hibernating in a nice dry cupboard for the past few years.

I've been getting back out there, so I got the tent out last month. It had gone super sticky! I contacted Big Agnes in the US for advice on how to wash it. Turns out it was a known problem with some early tents. I can only say that their customer service was absolutely excellent, and I'm now looking forward to my next trip with my brand new seedhouse 2 tent!

I know customer service is not the only reason to choose a tent, and I also really recommend the tent. As I get older, I want to carry less, and it's superlightweight with plenty of room. With its skinny poles and mesh inner, maybe it wouldn't stand up to winter gales or snow, but my old one did a pretty good 3ish season job, and the latest version seems more roomy and just as robust.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a good experience. It's great to see a company with a such a commitment to customers, long after you might expect it.

HR

PaulJepson 26 Feb 2020
In reply to Helen R:

I have a Seedhouse 3 and it's great (also came across a lot of people using the one-man flycreek and copper spurs in the US. 

Comparable to MSR tents in their quality and usability. 

Only slight concern is that the fabric is quite thin and I'd be worried about high-camps in high-winds. But thin=lighter, so it depends what you want it for!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...