Wild Country Superlight uses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 19 Feb 2020

Who uses these and what role do you use them in?

Initially I bought a set to add protection possibilities on routes that follow thin cracks, pin scars and general shallow placements. But I have heard of a few different reasons folks carry them (such as using them instead of a second set of wires for pure weight saving) and was just wondering what the UKC concensus was. 

Basemetal 19 Feb 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

I've got some WC superlight offsets and just find they work well in Cairngorm granite. Rest of my rack is 1 set of Rocks 1-10, superlight offsets 5-10 and DMM Offsets 6-10. I don't think about reduced strength, just useful profile. Whatever fits gets the job.

beardy mike 19 Feb 2020
In reply to dinodinosaur:

What Basemetal said. I also have a fairly full set with doubles of some of the small superlights, crossovers between the red superlight and red offset superlight and carry them for alpine stuff. Like he says I find the offsets super useful for weird flared pods you get on somerset limestone when the offset placement feels particularly secure. The fact that they have a standard placement and an offset is really useful. I now carry them in preference to the DMM offsets which preciously were my favourite...

OP dinodinosaur 19 Feb 2020
In reply to beardy mike:

Ahh that's good to know! I carry the dmm offsets and I find they do everything I want them to so never thought of buying the superlight offsets. 

When I made the post I was thinking of the superlight rocks rather than the larger superlight offsets but I love all gear geekery! 

Post edited at 18:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...