Hathersage Mountain Medicine Festival

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 jswindsor 13 Jan 2020
premier post photo

The BMC BMMS Mountain Medicine Festival will be taking place in Hathersage between the 6th and 9th June 2020.  

The event is split into TWO parts and has something for everyone! 

Part 1 (6th and 7th) is aimed at those who want to pick up the basic skills and knowledge to operate safely in the mountain environment. This is taught by experienced health care professionals with considerable experience in mountain medicine and pre-hospital care. The weekend will start with an introduction for those new to the mountains and be followed by workshops on splinting, altitude medicine, non-freezing cold injury, hypothermia, hyperthermia, contents of first aid kits, water sterilisation and much more! We are incredibly lucky to be joined by well known climber and podiatrist Gary Gibson who will be leading workshops and giving the Saturday evening talk. 

Tickets for Part 1 will soon be available through the BMC website.

Part 2 of the festival (8th and 9th) is based upon previous "Advanced Mountain Medicine" courses in Hathersage and is designed to meet the CPD requirements of those who work and play in the mountain environment. Each day will be packed with fascinating talks, debates, films and workshops. Nevertheless, there will be plenty of time in the afternoon to get out and explore the Peak District! Afterwards we’ll meet up for dinner and enjoy a series of very special evening events!

Further details can be found here...

https://deathzone.7thwave.io/blog/1652

Gary Gibson 09 May 2020
In reply to jswindsor:

Just to let you know that despite having right-sided blood clot to my brain I.e a stroke affecting the left side of my body...mainly my left arm and hand I am still hoping to attend this event but cannot be 100% certain at the moment.M

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...