Masquerade: The hare treasure book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slackboot 09 Jan 2020

Did anyone ever get anywhere near solving this?

For those who dont know ....it was a lavishly illustrated book full of clues and puzzles which led eventually to a golden bejeweled hare shaped treasure buried in a secret location.

It was solved and the treasure claimed. The intro. said it was as likely to be solved by a child as by an an adult.  I couldn't solve any puzzles in it . Did you do better?

coinneach 09 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Aye . . . 

Wanna buy a hare?

OP Slackboot 09 Jan 2020
In reply to coinneach:

No thanks I've got two rabbits.

In reply to Slackboot:

It was solved a few years - five? - after release, I think.

For some reason, I can remember how. You may be able to discover the answer with a quick web search these days.

T.

OP Slackboot 09 Jan 2020
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

I think there was some scandal involved. The solver was closely related to the author or something. I saw some of the solutions online. They were still hard to follow.

Deadeye 09 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

The scandal was that it was found "by chance" days before two chaps came forward with a full soluiton.  The "by chance" later turned out to be someone who dated one of Kit's ex's.

Rob Oram 10 Jan 2020
In reply to Slackboot:

Don't remember all the details but there was indeed some scandal around this.....there was a long story all about it on, I think, BBC some months back....I guess it was some anniversary or other of the start of it all. Was an interesting read.....although clearly not interesting enough for me to remember it well....I blame it on my ageing brain

OP Slackboot 10 Jan 2020
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Thanks for link ☺ Theres a load on wikipedia too.

Blue Straggler 10 Jan 2020

Fascinating stuff, a nice lunchtime read!

OP Slackboot 10 Jan 2020

Masquerade spawned a whole genre called Armchair Treasure Hunts. There are quite a few still current with hidden treasures no one has found yet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...