REVIEW: Rab Photon Pro Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 27 Dec 2019
Making a chilly belay bearable... just A midweight synthetic insulated jacket aimed at Scottish winter, the Phantom Pro would be ideal for snowy hill walks, fast moving mountaineering, or climbs within your comfort zone where belays don't usually take hours. But is it warm enough if you're hanging around for ages?

Read more
 olddirtydoggy 27 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Glad this popped up as we were literally going to grab a womens version of this tomorrow but this review has put us off. Wondering how members rate the Montane flux. I have a Fitzroy but she keeps pinching it off me so this buy is as much for me as her. Shame that only Rab do the womens cut, the other brands spec their jackets down for women. Thanks for the write up.

leon 1 27 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:In the first half of the review you call it a Phantom Pro the second half a Photon Pro. ( And once a Photo Pro ) you may need to sort this. 

Post edited at 18:21
 angry pirate 27 Dec 2019

Interesting in that this is a similar beast to the old Generator Alpine which had all the same great features re. good design, pockets, cuffs etc but was pretty lightweight in terms of fill. That was never really warm enough for serious belay duty in my experience and I ended up with a heavyweight one instead.

Basemetal 27 Dec 2019
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

Sportpursuit have the Women's Photon X (The one Helen Renard reviewed, that Dan mentions in the course of this review) on sale just now for £99...

FreeloaderJoe 27 Dec 2019

What is the alternative?

In reply to leon 1:

Ooops, thanks

In reply to Basemetal:

Are Sports Pursuit legit? Pretty long turnaround times

Basemetal 28 Dec 2019
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

> Are Sports Pursuit legit? Pretty long turnaround times

Yep. It's a business model they explain themselves. They do fast turnaround items too, but their standard model is to get orders together then deliver on a stated future date. It's how they manage their warehousing and cashflow. They have excellent customer service and take returns with no quibbles. I've no connection with them other than having been a satisfied customer for years.

Welsh Kate 28 Dec 2019
In reply to Basemetal:

Agreed. It's always worth checking to see if somewhere else is offering a better deal (Sport Pursuit isn't always the cheapest on everything it offers), but I've never had a problem with them and their returns policy and customer service is excellent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...