Mountain Equipment Lightline Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MNA123 25 Dec 2019

Merry xmas all.

I'm considering getting an ME Lightline jacket as there are some good offers online at the moment but I'm just wondering about sizing.

I'm 5ft 8inches tall and chest size 42 inches. Looking at the ME size guide this would make me a medium, however I've heard ME stuff can be quite snug fitting for the size.

Has anyone got experience of this jacket and could advise me on what the sizing is like please?

abr1966 25 Dec 2019
In reply to MNA123:

Bought my son one earlier this year......good jacket! He's 5'8....slim build, lean. The medium is a good fit.....not sure of his chest size but I reckon its well less than 42.....maybe a large would be better, especially with a layer or two underneath....

angry pirate 26 Dec 2019
In reply to MNA123:

I find ME sizing a bit weird in that I am a large in most of their stuff but medium in others. For context, I'm 6' tall and 38 - 40 chest.

I have an ME Vega down jacket in large and it it a slightly baggy fit over a t shirt but great over a couple of layers.

misterb 26 Dec 2019
In reply to angry pirate:

Medium will be tight under the arm pits and across your back i reckon

large will be better but you might end up having a bit of room round the waist area

Great jacket by the way

OP MNA123 26 Dec 2019
In reply to All:

Thank you for all the advice/help. I ended up going to the local Go Outdoors and trying on a medium and large, there wasn't much in it but I ended up going with the large.

Also due to the Go Outdoors price match I got it for £120! Bargain! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...