Nice movie about trad sandstone climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pavelk 15 Dec 2019

The movie is about traditional route making and show all allowed ways of drilling and fixing rings.

The guy is a local legend

The grade is something like 7a French

Hope you enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZvhIlzV8Ec&feature=youtu.be

nikoid 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

That really is proper trad! Excellent.

Tom Valentine 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

What an excellent little film!

Edge of the seat action but a fair bit of character insight too.

And you don't get hands like that sitting at a keyboard 

baron 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Absolutely brilliant.

Best climbing film I’ve seen in ages.

Thanks for sharing it.

Tom Valentine 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Disappointed to see it's not getting the views . It really is brilliant whether you're a boulderer, a trad climber, a sport climber, an aid climber --- or a film maker.

Greg Lucas 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Thank you for posting this, it made my day. I loved every minute, and as soon as it finished I played it again. Pure alchemy. 

Post edited at 17:24
 tmawer 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Great film. Really interesting to see a different style and approach. Thanks for posting.

Tony & Sarah 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk: Thanks for posting a very honest film The drilling process can be more scary than the climbing. A good friend had a hook popped after drilling, touched the ground on rope stretch after a 20m fall. Also if hand drilling it takes more than a few minutes )

Tony & Sarah

greg_may_ 15 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Excellent, great story about a person! Balance between person and climbing was what made it.

McHeath 17 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

What a brilliant and inspiring film. It mirrors the style and feel of the climbing on the sandstone in that area perfectly; slowed down, very concentrated, and very adventurous. 

I'd be surprised If this didn't win any awards. Thank you for posting it, and I wish you much success!

Deadeye 17 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Wonderful. Thank you.

pneame 18 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Excellent - what an astonishing guy. Thanks for posting. 

GrahamD 18 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

I really enjoyed that.

I didn't work out when using the drill was appropriate and when hand cutting the holes was appropriate ?

OP pavelk 19 Dec 2019
In reply to GrahamD:

Špek (the guy) showed all acceptable ways of placing rings for the film needs. It also shows development of sandstone climbing rules. Free climbing position was the only allowed in the olden days. Hanging on a small drill came later and skyhooks are the the latest method allowed.

CurlyStevo 20 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

Cool film really enjoyed it. The games we play are kind of strange though aren't they

GrahamD 20 Dec 2019
In reply to pavelk:

I was just a little confused about why he used all the methods during one ascent - just for the film I guess.  Interesting to see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...