Evolve shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulTanton 12 Dec 2019

Evolve shoes? Any good?

been a five ten addict for years, best fit and rubber.

i was told Evolve were a splinter company off five ten. Created when Addidas took over. 

Schmiken 12 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

Unparallel is who you're looking for.

HeMa 12 Dec 2019
In reply to Schmiken:

Indeed. But Evolve ain’t bad either. If they fit, They’ll work. 

UKC Forums 12 Dec 2019
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
 steveb2006 12 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

Was told (last week) by a well known shoe resoler that Evolve shoes use very thin rand rubber resulting in toes wearing through quickly. They also recomended Unparralel shoes which as has been mentioned are from the original 5.10 guys.

ianstevens 12 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

> i was told Evolve were a splinter company off five ten. Created when Addidas took over. 

You were lied too - evolv have been around for ages. You're thinking of unparallel. 

OP PaulTanton 12 Dec 2019
In reply to steveb2006:

Thanks. I’ll take a look

In reply to ianstevens:

I think Evolv might have had some former 5.10 people involved when they started up.  They certainly poached a few 5.10 sponsored climbers, e.g. Chris Sharma and Steph Davis.  Though, as you said, that was well before the Adidas takeover which led tothe formation of Unparallel.

wbo2 12 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:they're very popular locally to me - probably second to sportiva

whenry 13 Dec 2019
In reply to steveb2006:

> Was told (last week) by a well known shoe resoler that Evolve shoes use very thin rand rubber resulting in toes wearing through quickly. 

Really? My last pair lasted about two years and I wore them several times a week - I was pretty pleased with their durability. I've had my current pair for nearly that long too, and they're showing very few signs of wear so far.

verticon 14 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

In 2019, the Oberalp Group took over Evolve. They already owned Wild Country, Salewa and some other well known brands. It looks like brands are not what they used to be BITD...

Street 15 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

I've got four pairs of Evolv shoes and really rate them. I tried other brands but Evolv just seem to match my foot shape perfectly and are really comfortable. The rand has just started to wear through on one of my pairs, but they are about three years old, have been resoled twice and get hammered indoors every week. They definitely aren't the limiting factor in my climbing!

Bone Idle 16 Dec 2019
In reply to PaulTanton:

The synthetic upper stinks after use.

I have washed mine (washing machine) monthly without any detrimental effect.

The friction/edging/fit is very good shame about the pong.

Liamhutch89 16 Dec 2019

completely different fit.

Five ten are rubbish for me and evolv are great. Could be the opposite for you.

I see Evolv as fitting someone with a broad forefoot and very narrow heel. They tend to have the only heels that aren't baggy on me and five ten are generally the worst heels (again, for me).

I use a sportiva genius as my main shoe as I like the no edge but use the Evolv oracle for critical heel hooks or when I need an edge. It's a bit like a solution that fits me better 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...