Non-climbing ideas for the weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tehmarks 12 Dec 2019

Blasphemus, I know, but...

The other half is currently recovering from foot surgery and can't walk for long periods as things stand. She's very keen on escaping London and going somewhere this weekend...but I don't have the foggiest what to do that doesn't involve climbing, walking or tents. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I went anywhere for leisure that didn't involve climbing or hills, or staying anywhere other than in a tent...

Any suggestions for somewhere small and pretty to while away the weekend? Small villages, nice architecture, some short walks, nice pub, nice tea shop, etc. Towards the southern end of the country would be ideal - let's say within a few hours drive of London.

Blue Straggler 12 Dec 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

I’d go to Brighton with a side trip to Lewes

Chris Sansum 12 Dec 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

Visit the New Forest - the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu is well worth a visit and has gardens and a stately home to visit in the grounds as well as all of the car stuff. You have Burley to visit which is a quaint little village with a ‘witches’ theme. Lots of nice scenery. And the beaches of Bournemouth are not far away.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...