Five ten and unparallel sizing feedback!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climbingnoob 10 Dec 2019

Hi guys,

Since five ten moved production to china and the unparallels came out, the sizing has been a mess! People have been telling me that because the original five ten guys set up unparallel the sizing will be similar to the old five tens but that is utter rubbish! Now of course the variation will be different for every shoe but for me the following holds true:

old pink = size x, new pink = size x+0.5 (eg UK 7 in old pink, get UK 7.5 in new pinks)

old pink = x, unparallel up lace = x-0.5 (eg UK 7 in old pink, get UK 6.5 in up lace)

old pink = x, unparallel up rise = x-0.5 (eg UK 7 in old pink, get UK 6.5 in up rise)

I couldn't find any shop that sold the regulus but the same size as the old pinks felt too painful, so if anything go up half a size over your normal old pink climbing shoes.

Hope this helps!

Post edited at 21:26
 gethin_allen 10 Dec 2019
In reply to climbingnoob:

I agree regarding the new to old pink sizes, and the 5.10 rep I talked to also agreed. 

climbingnoob 23 Dec 2019

The unparallel up lace shoes are a funny shape. If you have low volume feet then steer clear of them because they're kind of baggy compared to the original five ten shoes. And because of the lacing construction, you can't even get them as tight as the anasazi lace shoes! Very disappointed with my unparallels!

galpinos 23 Dec 2019

I have the regulus in the same size as my hiangles (yellow). Spot on size wise and better build quality. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...