Aviation industry funding politicians

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Kemp 10 Dec 2019

Interesting: the Tories and the Brexit Party are the main beneficiaries but nobody's clean...

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2019/12/06/revealed-brexit-party-and-conservatives...

The sooner this kind of lobbying is cleaned up the better. 

summo 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Bob Kemp:

I agree. But it's not just a UK thing. Be it party funds or spending on those with influence lobbying them. I bet oil companies are heavily involved too.

https://lobbyfacts.eu/reports/lobby-costs/all/0/2/2/2/21/0?page=1

Airbus 26th, Rolls Royce 37th .. Google won of course. But these are those that do it publically, most hide behind a lobby group. 

I'd rather a party was publically paid or funded in plain sight, than those mps who have their travel expenses paid by a foriegn country just a few quid below the declarable amount so they can attend a commemoration of Munich terrorists. 

Labour should source some party funding from Quakers oats as everyone would be living on gruel if they enacted their first 100 day plan.

OP Bob Kemp 10 Dec 2019
In reply to summo:

My post was about donations from industry and was non-party political. Why are you singling out Corbyn here? It would be easy to single out malpractice from the other parties, but that wouldn't suit your agenda would it?

ScottTalbot 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Interesting: the Tories and the Brexit Party are the main beneficiaries but nobody's clean...

Surely, if your point was non party political, you wouldn't have felt the need to mention the Tory and Brexit parties?

Post edited at 13:52
 summo 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Bob Kemp:

> Interesting: the Tories and the Brexit Party are the main beneficiaries but nobody's clean...

This looks a little political 

Oh and this...  how political is non political, before becomes political? 

OP Bob Kemp 10 Dec 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

I just added a brief summing up rather than dumping a link without context. That’s all. 

OP Bob Kemp 10 Dec 2019
In reply to summo:

I just posted the link to the article. Make of it what you will. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...