Rab Nimbus and Boot suggestions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ryan_ID 09 Dec 2019

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great start to the week.

I'm looking to change up some of my gear and wondered if you could help out with reviews and suggestions? I'm looking to get out and do more alpine climbing/trekking, and want to get better equipped from the old stuff I have. Most of the trips I am looking at would revolve around the alps and similar (Matterhorn, Breithorn, Weissmies). I also get out on UK trail walks etc.

I was looking at some coats and the Rab Nimbus felt great. I did also check out the Microlight, but the sizing didn't work for me. The medium was a bit too small and the large was a bit too big! What are peoples experiences with the Nimbus? Would this be ok for some messing about in the Alps? Does anyone have any alternatives?

Secondly, I am looking to get some versatile boots. Something I can stick some crampons on, but also trek about in. I have always hired some awesome Mammuts, but these are quite expensive. Ideally, I wouldn't want to spend a fortune (circa £100 - £150ish). Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance

it624 09 Dec 2019
In reply to Ryan_ID:

What kind of crampons? You'll struggle for anything that can handle more than the most flexible of C1s for less than £250

If you need really good trekking boots, I'm a huge fan of Meindl Bhutans - a proper stiff and sturdy thing that keeps water out, but they seem to cost £200 these days.

OP Ryan_ID 09 Dec 2019
In reply to it624:

Thanks. I was hoping to get something that would take some C2s if possible. I’ll check out the Meindl Bhutans!

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...