Verdon balconies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bulls Crack 09 Dec 2019
In reply to robert-hutton:

A metal cage ....in a Verdon thunderstorm  

krikoman 09 Dec 2019
In reply to Bulls Crack:

A metal cage is a great place to be in a thunderstorm, much better than out in the open.

Derry 09 Dec 2019

No minibar?

MischaHY 09 Dec 2019

That's quite possibly one of the most pointless and ugly things I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. 

Have they never heard of a portaledge?! 

Plus the majority of Verdon walls are one day jobs aside from something like El Topo (8a)

However this does make a great excuse to share one of my favourite short climbing films, strong Steve getting lost and climbing 8b multipitch in Verdon: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0aHPoXfxs&t=1s 

Love the place. Anyone who hasn't been, it's a must. Just thinking about it makes me happy! 

Removed User 09 Dec 2019

Thick end of the wedge that is. Typical that the Frenchies would be first to bring this in, what's next bolt on belay ledges?

Post edited at 12:46
 Bulls Crack 10 Dec 2019
In reply to krikoman:

Even if you're sitting on the  metal floor ? 

krikoman 10 Dec 2019
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> Even if you're sitting on the  metal floor ? 

Yes, even if you're sitting on a metal floor, the current flows around the cage not through you, true story

Look up Faraday cage on youtube, there's some scary stuff.

Frank R. 10 Dec 2019

It's just an architect's concept, something to give the studio some cheap PR. All the "photos" are just renderings.

But a pretty stupid concept... Funny how they write about "protection from wind", when the structure is totally open to the elements

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...