UKC

VIDEO: Perfect Mountain Sunrise on Beinn a' Chrulaiste

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 27 Nov 2019
[Perfect Mountain Sunrise on Beinn a' Chrulaiste ]

"For the last 15 years I have visited this mountain to try and get a photo of The Buachaille during an inversion" says Murray Wilkie. "The forecast the night before suggested these conditions may occur so I was up at 3am and hiking before 6am on a cold, icy morning in the hope of getting a photograph of Buachaille Etive Mor surrounded by fog.... did it happen though?"

Watch the video: https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=4916
 Dave Todd 06 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Absolutely love this! I've watched it over and over. Impressed by Murray's commitment!

olddirtydoggy 06 Dec 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Funny this bloke has been popping up all over youtube. Clearly puts a lot of work into the vids. There's something about them that reminds me of BBC productions, mostly his narration but I can't remember who it reminds me of. Is it Ben Fogel or somebody like that?

ScraggyGoat 08 Dec 2019

I met Murray on a beautiful early spring morning, a classic inversion, bone hard neve, leopard skin snow patches across the hills, brief re-emergence of the Autumn colours before the new growth started, and we had the same historic couloir climb in mind in perfect nick.  Between our party of two and him and his friend we were the only people in the corrie.

He does a lot of drone footage, and had a drone with him. Inspite of the prime conditions he asked if I minded if he flew it, it wasn't a courtsey ask, it was a sincere if it will spoil your day then it wouldn't be flown. We consented.

Murray; thanks for the consideration back then, and thanks for sharing.

Post edited at 18:48
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great video! What a beautiful morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...