Ladies with small feet - where do you get boots?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Whittaker 24 Nov 2019

Are there any ladies on here with small feet (size 3) that can let me know where the best place to get womens mountain boots in this size from are?

My wife is a 3 and everywhere seems to only have 4 or higher in stock. I'd like to get her a pair of B2's so i can go out neve crunching with her this winter hopefully.

girlymonkey 24 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

I found you need to play internet ping pong. Just buy online and send back if no good. Repeat many times and hope one attempt works! I have had over £1000 of boots in the house waiting to be returned as I wanted to try a few different ones straight after each other for comparison.

Have fun with the crampons too! Many will go down to size 36 in length, but are often too wide. 

OP J Whittaker 25 Nov 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

All sounds like fun and games. From what ive seen im unlikely to get a deal on anything and it will probably be full RRP as they arent in stock commonly.

Tigger 25 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

My GF is size 4 and is Currently selling a pair of B2's because they are too small, worn about 3 times. I can put you in touch if you like?

They're Scarpa Manta Pro GTX

Post edited at 06:28
 MischaHY 25 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

These from Sportiva are 3.5 but fit relatively narrow so this could well work for her: 

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/la-sportiva-womens-trango-tower-gtx-mountainee...

Some other 3.5's from Salewa here - also narrower so worth a try.  

https://www.alpinetrek.co.uk/salewa-womens-crow-gtx-mountaineering-boots/ 

Hope this helps. 

daWalt 25 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

don't forget: when you do find something that fits - buy at least two if not three pairs.

kathrync 25 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

My feet are size 2.5 but quite high volume.  My summer boots are size 4 and my winter boots are size 5.  That works for me with the correct socks.  I have found that as long as my heels don't lift, having a little extra space in the toe isn't a problem - you just have to make sure that the heel fits well. In my case, the high volume of my feet helps with this - it might be more problematic if you have lower volume feet.

In terms of crampons, I have got a reasonable fit with Petzl Vasak and Sarken for general use.  For more technical use I have heard good things about BD Cyborg, althought I haven't tried them personally.

Post edited at 09:18
 gravy 25 Nov 2019
In reply to kathrync:

CT 10pt Nevis? crampons go do to about 31 I think

kathrync 25 Nov 2019
In reply to gravy:

> CT 10pt Nevis? crampons go do to about 31 I think

Tends to be the width that is more of a problem.  I don't know about these specifically, I tend to favour 12 point anyway as I do a bit of scrambling and easy climbing.

I should mention that I had to cut the end off the bar on my Petzl crampons with a hack saw, or they would stick out the back like a spur.  Obviously you need to make sure they are really what you want before you do that as you can't return them!

yorkshire_lad2 25 Nov 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

Hope you won't mind if I suggest WW&D* (don't know if you're anywhere near Whalley).  I've taken my sister there on two occassions now, she's not got small feet but she's very careful and particular what works for her feet.  The first time was wonderful and she loved the boots (previous to that, she was in agony afer 3 or 4 miles and certainly on any stretch of tarmac).  A few years later (after the first pair had done their service), it took two goes: the first boots (which were allegedly the same model) didn't work so we went back, and they were ever so helpful and co-operative and moved heaven and earth to get it right, and they did.  I've just bought a second (spare) pair of the same boots to keep in the cupboard.

*WW&D: Whalley Warm and Dry https://www.whalleyoutdoor.co.uk/ ; I have no connection with the company other than as a happy customer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...