Climbing Cam Corder / Video Recorder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sabostar 16 Nov 2019

I was watching some of Dave Mcloed's vlogs and like the way he has a stationary camera ti film his attempts. I was thinking this would be a good way of reviewing my own climbing so I can see where I need to improve. 

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive camera that would work? A smartphone battery won't last, and I worry a go-pro fish eye lense might not give good results.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

mrphilipoldham 16 Nov 2019
In reply to sabostar:

Get a USB battery pack for your mobile? 

Snyggapa 16 Nov 2019
In reply to sabostar:

I got a 'go clone' for change out of 30 quid Inc delivery. Surprisingly good, 4k video and a pile of plastic mounting bits. If you don't have a go pro it's a cheap way to try

OP sabostar 16 Nov 2019
In reply to Snyggapa:

Does it have a fish eye lense? How does that work with the footage?

Snyggapa 16 Nov 2019
In reply to sabostar:

it was fairly wide angle but not overly distorting at least in the middle. search for "4k action camera" and you'll probably find a wide variety of generic no-name models that are identical , pick the cheapest on any given day..

Used ours on a bodyboard in the sea a number of times , the waterproof case does what it says on the tin although I have needed to superglue the sticky pad back on a couple of times. Quality is better than I expected and certainly for the price. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...