Simond Mountaineering Trousers- Sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oliver Smaje 13 Nov 2019

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to the leg length of the Simond mountaineering trousers (the classic softshell ones) relative to the waist sizes.

I'm a 6'1'' lanky noodle with 32'' waist so worry if I get them in 32'' they'll be too short and I'll get snowy ankles! Is this likely to be the case? Should I go 34'' and rock the braces?

I would go and try a pair on but alas I am stranded in the highlands, away from the temple of cheap gear.

Cheers for any help!

angry pirate 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Oliver Smaje:

I'm 6' with 33" inside leg and 32"  (ahem) waist and the 32" simond softshells fit brilliantly.

Traditionally I struggle with the leg length of most standard sized trousers but these are a decent length.

olddirtydoggy 14 Nov 2019

5 foot 11 here and the legs are fine on 32" waist. I fine reg leg Montane trousers far too short on me but Simond are good to go.

Post edited at 07:54
 pass and peak 14 Nov 2019

5' 6" here with a 29 inside leg, I have to take them up by 3 inches and there still a bit long! I go for the 34 waist though, that way I can where some fleece shorts underneath and get everything tucked inside! Braces are a must with me having a rather square cut waist!!

UKH Forums 14 Nov 2019
This thread was started in the WINTER CLIMBING forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html

Not had any of the new sets but if the size hasn't change you will be fine.

I am 6'2" and have a 33/34 inside leg and the medium 32 fits fine don't have any issues. In most other brands I have to have a long leg option to get them to fit, strange as other decathlon  trousers don't fit it just seams to be this model that is designed with a longer leg as standard. These like most soft shells fabric can bag out if you are wearing them a few days on the go, so depend on if you are a small 32 or big 32 waist a 34 could be to big.

Toerag 14 Nov 2019

If they're based upon euro sizes (as expected from a Euro manufacturer) then you have the following options:-

euro size    waist      inside leg

23                33          30

24                 34          31

48               33           33

50               34            33

98(96)          33            35

102(100)       34            35

Those came from a tag on a pair of Mammut softshell trousers, I'd expect Simond kit to conform to those.  Are Euro sizes EU standards?

Robboj 14 Nov 2019

I made a bit of an adaption to mine. I ditched the braces & cut up an old inch wide nylon belt which I sewed on to create belt loops. For some reason (cost probably) the trousers are braces only but I find a belt much better. Couple of quid outlay & half hour messing about on the sewing machine & a much improved product!  

Post edited at 14:45
OP Oliver Smaje 15 Nov 2019

Thanks for all the info folks! I'll crack on and get some 32'' trews.

And apologies to the UKC overlords for my terrible misdemeanour.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...