Tiny phone for running

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 10 Nov 2019

Bit of a a random question but im after the smallest phone i can buy. I only need it too call out and be called on.  Its so my mife and contact me encase she goes in to labour while i im on a long run or i hurt myseld out on the footpath.  (i really  stuggle to  find a home my s9 in my vest and trail shorts) 

Anyone have a phone for the same reason would love to know which one you got. 

dread-i 10 Nov 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

Apple watch with lte, would be the luxury answer. Smart, functional, and can record your runs.

The Zanco Tiny is cheap and very small. So much so, its is popular in prisons. You could ask a prisoner how they carry it, I'm sure it would fit snugly somewhere, for your run.

girlymonkey 10 Nov 2019

Could you carry your normal phone in a tiny rucksack? I do that if I also want the option to take off a layer etc, or if I don't think I need the bag for anything else, I use the wee pocket in the waist band of my leggings. Not the comfiest, but it's ok

mrphilipoldham 10 Nov 2019

The wife has a small elasticated waist pouch for the odd occasion she wants to take her phone with her. Much cheaper, and much better for the environment etc..

Run_Ross_Run 10 Nov 2019
In reply to dread-i:

> The Zanco Tiny is cheap , I'm sure it would fit snugly somewhere, but not while you've got the runs.

There. Fixed that for you. 👍 😉 

David Riley 10 Nov 2019

I have a GTStar. It's 75mm X 24mm X 12mm.

marsbar 10 Nov 2019

Nokia 105 is under £20 unlocked from argos or currys etc.  

It's a phone.  It doesn't do anything complicated and its reasonably small. 

marsbar 10 Nov 2019

Ebay has some really small phones but I don't know if they work well.

OP Shaunhaynes99 10 Nov 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

I already have s vest  ( agile 2) but only pocket it fits in is one designed for the water bottles which isnt great for long long runs

The  "phone" pocket on my trail pocket is too large  and my phone  bouces like a rabbit in it same with a spi belt. There is a  very small pocket  in the vest and  shorts that  im pretty sure i could fit a very small one in..

Im not fussed about what it does. I have s9 as my every day  phone and i dont use half the stuff that  it can do. In fact  i think be going dor downgrade  when im due an up grade.

The New NickB 10 Nov 2019

I’ve got what is supposed to be a bag for gels, it is basically a phone shaped nylon bag with a zip on some half inch elastic, cost about £5. I generally don’t carry a phone, but that works for me if I am for some reason. You could use one of those wanky phone arm things.

bouldery bits 10 Nov 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

> You could use one of those wanky phone arm things.

I do this currently ^^

It's not ideal. Forces a strange arm position. I am considering: 

//www.peteblandsports.co.uk/buy/inov-8-all-terrain-belt_4766.htm

Not sure if it's be any good but may be worthwhile. This is the classic UKC 'not the question asked' response.

Post edited at 22:30
OP Shaunhaynes99 11 Nov 2019
In reply to bouldery bits:

Can't  stsnd the  arm band things. Seem like the Nokia  105  or acatel are only like a 10er so im gonna take my vest and trail shorts in tonthe phone shop to compare suze and if they will fit if not. Ill havr to try tge amazon tiny ones which seem to actually have decent reviews 

Dark-Cloud 11 Nov 2019

I use an Agile 2, my iPhone X fits in the mesh pockets at the front iand below the bottle holders, wrap it in a buff and it’s fine, it is a bit annoying that they designed the phone pocket to fit a phone from the 1980’s in it though I have to admit.

Le Sapeur 11 Nov 2019

Can you turn on your spell check please?

Dave B 11 Nov 2019

I bought an old JCB phone for this kind of thing. Its meant to be waterproof, but I put it in a aquapac for paddling. However, it is a bit too large to be honest. It doesn't fit that well into the back pocket of my shorts...

Previous non-waterproof phones have died (eventually) from sweat in my back pocket.

abcdef 11 Nov 2019

I asked this same question a few years ago and was pointed in the direction of a JCB TP127 handset - it has proven really useful as is small, light, never needs charged and importantly is waterproof so I just carry it in my hand running. I have added a wee wrist strap just in-case I ever felt the need to drop it. Only issue is that I got it then for about £20 and now the price has rocketed if you can even find any (but I think the CAT branded ones are the same - just search for 'rugged work mobile').

r0b 11 Nov 2019

This is really good for carrying a phone with no bouncing around

https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/shop-emea/product/pulse-belt.html

Lrunner 11 Nov 2019
In reply to r0b:

I use a Nokia 105, fits in my bum bag or back pocket. calls, texts and has a radio. The battery lasts 14 days! Got rid of my smart phone 12 mnths ago. never looked back.

loz

gravy 11 Nov 2019

What you need is a BOSS phone (google it) and some rubber gloves

OP Shaunhaynes99 11 Nov 2019
In reply to Lrunner:

Im  thinking i will be getting rid  of mine when my contract is due. At tge very lesst ill be going to a far more basic one 

krikoman 11 Nov 2019

Have you tried a fanny pack?

I hear they're very good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...