Skye Winter festival 2020- 10th year= 10 days!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Mike Lates 04 Nov 2019
premier post photo

24 January to February 2nd 2020; Glen Brittle Memorial Hut then Skye Basecamp

Free to attend and open to anyone with a passion for Skye in Winter.

No films, no lectures, no workshops, no bull. Just climb!

Details here-  http://skyeguides.co.uk/skye-winter-festival-2020

Skye Basecamp Climber's Hostel is open all winter. Drying room, power showers, comfy beds and only 10 minutes from Bla Bheinn! http://skyebasecamp.co.uk

Le Sapeur 06 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

I know the locals drive quickly on the Elgol road but 10 minutes to Bla Bheinn is pretty ambitious. It takes 20 mins to drive from your place to the car park!

OP Mike Lates 07 Nov 2019
In reply to Le Sapeur

> I know the locals drive quickly on the Elgol road but 10 minutes to Bla Bheinn is pretty ambitious. It takes 20 mins to drive from your place to the car park!

7 miles in 20 minutes? Must be a tourist Monsieur Le Sapeur, or a troll maybe?   

atrendall 07 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Ask Alistair McKinnon, fisherman in Elgol, how long he took. He did perhaps does hold the record from the Gabbro Bar to Elgol....a stupidly fast time.

jethro kiernan 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Count me in work and weather permitting  😀

Le Sapeur 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

8.5 miles in 20 minutes on a single track road is not far out. Especially on a summer's day. To do it in 10 minutes you would need to be sitting at a constant 51mph.

Michael Gordon 12 Nov 2019
In reply to Le Sapeur:

> I know the locals drive quickly on the Elgol road but 10 minutes to Bla Bheinn is pretty ambitious. It takes 20 mins to drive from your place to the car park!

Agreed.

Post edited at 14:32
OP Mike Lates 12 Nov 2019
In reply to atrendall:

Sub 15 minutes from memory, for 15 miles? 

Done reposnsibly with radio communications in key positions apparently....

In reply to Le Sapeur:

"8.5 miles in 20 minutes on a single track road is not far out. Especially on a summer's day. To do it in 10 minutes you would need to be sitting at a constant 51mph."

Fascinating that your maths is, this is an advert for a Winter Climbing Festival. Perhaps a debate about whether Skye is any good for winter climbing in January would be more appropriate to the subject? There's just been a massive dump of wet snow with freezing levels set to drop for at least the next week. I, for one, am hopeful that this could provide the base for another great climbing season.

If you do want to join us please email mike@skyeguides.co.uk for a booking form and be sure to allow plenty of time to reach Skye

Le Sapeur 12 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Now you know what it is like to have your thread hijacked!

In reply to Le Sapeur:

Oo mathematical and malicious 🤣🤣

Was I aware of your upset M. Le Sapeur? Must be a long memory as i dont remember being on UKC for months if not years. Whatever it was I'm sorry as thats not my style. Please do tell to save me trawling through your posts; hard when someone is anonymous.

Finally, cheers for keeping the advert good and high on the forum with all the interactions. At £43 a week I might have to extend just for the craic. 

atrendall 13 Nov 2019
In reply to Mike Lates:

Well under 15 min if I recall correctly. Have another bump. Hope you enjoyed SNG today.

OP Mike Lates 13 Nov 2019
In reply to atrendall:

Epic quality in every dimension including a bomber snow bollard, in November!!

Pics on Skye Basecamp insta and FB accounts

Pinnacle Ridge (Winter) (IV)

OP Mike Lates 16 Nov 2019

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...