Keith Vaz the washing machine salesman...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oceanrower 28 Oct 2019

For a politician, I thought he'd be a more convincing liar...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-50212221

Ridge 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

As a politician he obviously thinks he can do as he pleases.

Pedro50 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

Embarrassingly he went to my school. 

Removed User 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

You know, when I reflect on it all, I'm really not bothered what he sticks up any of his orifices.

In reply to Oceanrower:

He sounds like the guy to have at the party.

Dave Garnett 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Pedro50:

> Embarrassingly he went to my school. 

Just prowling or as a student?

Dan Arkle 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Because being gay = pedo? 

He doesn't sound fit to be in Parliament and I've no sympathy for him.

Although your comment made me laugh, I'm not particularly comfortable with its implications! 

Dave Garnett 28 Oct 2019
In reply to Dan Arkle:

> Because being gay = pedo? 

Not what I meant.  

mcdougal 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> Not what I meant.  

Not how it sounded either. 

Rigid Raider 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

I can't help wondering if the media are far more ready to investigate and accuse politicians "of colour" than they are white Anglo-Saxons as I can't believe Vaz is the only politician who dabbles on the fringes of sex and recreation.  

Hyphin 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

Hmm politician takes drugs and has sex shocker, next thing you know they'll be telling lies, ripping of their expenses, and trashing the economy in an effort to avoid legislation that might make them pay tax. 

cb294 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Gove can be apparently coked out of his mind during recent debates (or some other drugs, but definitely not sober), conservative candidates publicly admit using class A drugs during the recent leadership contest, but of course that had no consequences.

CB

Siward 30 Oct 2019

But Vaz has a long history of being a slippery untrustworthy narcissist. He brings it upon himself. 

Pedro50 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Hyphin:

> Hmm politician takes drugs and has sex shocker, next thing you know they'll be telling lies, ripping of their expenses, and trashing the economy in an effort to avoid legislation that might make them pay tax. 

Vaz did the expenses big time, and all of the above. 

JLS 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Oceanrower:

Disappointing. No self-respecting Labour politician should be caught up in a "sex and drugs" scandal; leave that for Tories. A proper Labour politician should find themselves embroiled in benefit fraud stories or tales of brown envelopes stuffed with cash from their time on the planning committee at the local council. Poor show Keith.

Post edited at 12:23
Removed User 30 Oct 2019
In reply to JLS:

It's funny how each party is characterised by different types of scandal.

JLS 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Removed User:

> It's funny how each party is characterised by different types of scandal.

Perhaps the case, you tend to find what you set out looking for.

Post edited at 12:49
Removed User 30 Oct 2019
In reply to JLS:

Well...

I doubt anyone went looking for a dead Tory MP suspended from his kitchen ceiling in a state of undress and with a tangerine impregnated with amyl nitrate stuck in his gob.

Funny how you remember the details but not the name.

Rob Exile Ward 30 Oct 2019

Stephen something ... Milgram? Poor b*stard, fancy only being remembered for that. Bet it wasn't half as much fun as leading Micah finish on an autumnal afternoon, either. (Not that I'll ever know!)

Removed User 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Google is your friend, it was Milligan.

Twenty five years ago, how time flies, unlike Stephen.

That's probably why I'd forgotten about the suspenders but I'm pretty sure I wasn't aware of cupboard doors and a table top being somehow involved.

Apparently he worked for Johnathan Aitken as well which takes us to altogether different territory.

Jon Stewart 30 Oct 2019

> I can't help wondering if the media are far more ready to investigate and accuse politicians "of colour" than they are white Anglo-Saxons as I can't believe Vaz is the only politician who dabbles on the fringes of sex and recreation.  

What? You honestly believe that the media wouldn't be interested *any* public figure caught banging rent boys (and offering them a line)? It sells papers/clicks! There is no way that the media are sat on similar stories, but not blabbing on account of race - that is a truly ridiculous suggestion. 

Rob Exile Ward 30 Oct 2019
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Well that's true, I'd read it. Does that make me a bad person?

Dave Garnett 30 Oct 2019

> Bet it wasn't half as much fun as leading Micah finish on an autumnal afternoon, either. (Not that I'll ever know!)

Come on Rob, I bet you could do the Micah finish.

Jon Stewart 30 Oct 2019

Politicians banging rent boys is obviously hilarious, whether you're a bad person or not.

Timmd 01 Nov 2019

> Google is your friend, it was Milligan.

> Twenty five years ago, how time flies, unlike Stephen.

> That's probably why I'd forgotten about the suspenders but I'm pretty sure I wasn't aware of cupboard doors and a table top being somehow involved.

> Apparently he worked for Johnathan Aitken as well which takes us to altogether different territory.

What 'could' he have been up to*, and who else was involved I wonder? It's probably one of those things which will come to mind unbidden for a while.

* By what, I probably mean the intricacies of why.

Post edited at 18:15
Removed User 01 Nov 2019
In reply to Timmd:

> What 'could' he have been up to*, and who else was involved I wonder? It's probably one of those things which will come to mind unbidden for a while.

> * By what, I probably mean the intricacies of why.

In fact this sort of thing seems to be more common than you might imagine: https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-asphyxiation-passings/reference

BTW I think the obvious play on words in the link is accidental.

Timmd 02 Nov 2019
In reply to Removed User: Apparently the lack of oxygen is why when people pass away, it is thought to be less pleasant for their loved ones than themselves due to them entering a more agreeable state of mind while struggling to breath, on a darker if comforting note.

It was the table top and cupboard doors I was thinking of in wondering about the why, I was rather stuck on that detail. It's like something from a trashy spy novel, the circumstance in which he was found. 

Post edited at 13:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...