Comfy laptop rucksack - does that exist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PPP 27 Oct 2019

I have been using some Arc'teryx rucksack for few years now to walk to the office daily. It's been okay, but I don't like that it has just a flat back and the straps are quite stiff so it doesn't sit nicely. I walk at least an hour every day, so having something comfortable adds up. Breathable back would be nice to have as well. 

The problem is that I don't seem to be able to find any quality, comfortable and not-too-boring (I hate all-black design) rucksack! Any suggestions?

Not willing to spend over £100 on it, ideally 25~30L in size. 

HeMa 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

Just a honest guestion, but Why so big?

what are you carrying on top of the laptop, charger etc.?

if not much, then a messenger bag kind of thing will work. Less so, If you like to take with ya everything and the sink. 

For rucksacks, I recall Osprey has had some good ones (more function and less style a’la Riisto’Ryx).

last resort is What ever backpack and a laptop-sleeve inside the main compartment. 

Doug 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

For the last few years I've been using a Simond 20 litre sack from Decathlon for travelling to/from the office, plus other work related travel if only one night away. Laptop slips into the water bladder holder, plenty of space for papers, charger, etc and I can get minimum of clothes for a night away or some shopping on the way home. Cost around 20 -25 euros from memory. They have recently changed the design a bit so not sure the new version is as good but worth a look

Post edited at 07:31
 it624 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I've used two generations of Osprey Quasar for this now, and it's always been a comfy, reliable bag, with a well-padded laptop sleeve. The first one did about 6 years of daily use before it got too tatty, but it's still being used as my bag for going to the wall.

Y Gribin 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I like Haglofs rucksacks for this. I keep the weight down by protecting the laptop in a neoprene case, within a lightweight bag. 

if you want to spend more money, look at Aer, Tom Bihn or Minaal. 

if you want a very solid bag, that’s less original, look at Osprey. They also do bags designed to fit gym kit. 

Post edited at 08:22
 LastBoyScout 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I've been using a Berghaus Remote 25 in bright blue with yellow trim. Laptop inside in neoprene sleeve - cost <£50.

wilkesley 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I have got an Osprey Radial 26. Outside your price range. I use it as my holiday luggage. Room for all my tech and a weeks worth of clothes. Several good reviews on Youtube. I have got a smaller Osprey for cycling and can recommend their sacks as being comfortable and robust. The mesh back helps to stop the hot wet clammy back in hot weather.

Post edited at 10:37
 nniff 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I just put the laptop in a neoprene sleeve and then put it in the bladder holder of whichever rucksack I'm using.  

cb294 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

Osprey is good, but mine is a bit smaller than what you are looking for.

CB

geordiepie 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I'm using a Millican Smith rolltop 18L....top quality construction and pretty comfortable

Bloodfire 28 Oct 2019
In reply to PPP:

I use an osprey quasar. There are a couple of versions I think. One with a bungee and one with a stretchy compartment on the front. Its super versatile as I need for a lot of things through a pretty hectic day/life. Laptop bag, gym bag, cycle commute, day hike, etc. etc. 

Osprey also make other similar sized bags but all are really well made with a good warranty back-up. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...