Keswick: where's good for food these days?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

The wife and I are in Keswick next week, the motivation for which comes from wanting to have an anniversary goulash at the Dog and Gun (we're hopeless romantics. To celebrate our first wedding anniversary, we went to Pete's Eats).

Where else is good for food in and around Keswick these days? It's been a fair while since I was up that way and things change when you're not looking, so pointers to currently good places to eat will be welcome.

T.

Guy Hurst 03 Oct 2019
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

There's a good sit down fish and chip restaurant above the Kingfisher, on the opposite side of the road from Needlesports.

In reply to Guy Hurst:

Blimey, it's many years since I was last in a sit-down chippy. Ta for that!

T.

Also Little Chamonix down towards George Fisher (from Moot hall) does great cake!

In reply to Wide_Mouth_Frog:

Always worth knowing a good spot for cake, thank you.

T.

Dave the Rave 03 Oct 2019

The George for a desperate Dan pie

Last visit we found Abraham's (top of George Fisher 's) no longer allow dogs so the staff there recommended Fellpack, it was excellent, went in for cake but couldn't resist their one pot meals (chilli, goulash etc) and then pudding as well! If pizza is your thing we like the marigold bistro.

wercat 03 Oct 2019

The Cafe in the barn below Shepherd's Crag is still open, at least it was yesterday.  Still serving fruit pie and bacon butties

Mike-W-99 03 Oct 2019

Been to Merienda a few times. 

bobpilgrem 04 Oct 2019

Bar S is a nice Mexican/Spanish style tapas bar.

Relaxed atmosphere and good craft beer.

Behind Cotswold.

r0b 04 Oct 2019
In reply to Moomin.williams:

Another vote for Fellpack

coldfell 04 Oct 2019

Well I am biased as Little Chamonix is my daughter's café, but if you like great breakfasts, all homemade (and sometimes surprising) cake and very good coffee, then it would be good to meet you! We like The Pheasant and Casa Bella for evening meals.

Dorine

In reply to coldfell:

I'm sure we'll be in during the week Dorine if only to take a chance on the 'sometimes surprising' cake, the description of which has me intrigued.  As long as more of it ends up in my stomach than on my clothes, I'm sure I'll be happy.

T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...