Magic mountain website / mountain equipment jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
davyboymurphy 02 Sep 2019

Hi new to the forum.

I seen on mountain equipment social media plugging a link to a shop selling half priced jackets etc.

Website is called magic-mountain. Shop based in Nottingham.

Is this legit? 

It says it sells samples/prototypes etc just wanted to see if this is ok to order from and if anyone has ordered from them can they drop.a few words on how the product was etc

The link is here if anyone want to take a look

https://www.facebook.com/156390237457/posts/10157637050432458/

Post edited at 20:07
 pwo 02 Sep 2019
In reply to davyboymurphy:

I've bought down jackets and sleeping bags from them. More than happy with their service.

Lusk 02 Sep 2019
In reply to pwo:

Is that the latest version of the ME outlet shop that used to be in Glossop?

In reply to pwo:

Thanks. I'm in Scotland so would be buying online. Didn't want caught up in any scam.

In reply to Lusk:

Yeah it does state that on the site. Moved to beeston in 2016

pwo 02 Sep 2019

Can't recall where the mm were based but goods and service were fine. 

In reply to pwo:

It's says this on site - 

Samples do not carry a manufacturers guarantee. Products marked as Samples are produced by our suppliers to a specification only and are not necessarily full production standard which is why there may be some issues with sizing. Most items are produced in a single size only, most do not have conventional labelling and some may not have the correct fabrics. We will allow returns for faulty items within 60 days and where proof of purchase from Magic Mountain can be produced.

Products marked as Seconds are sold “as described” are not guaranteed at all and no assurance is given or returns accepted. We will do our best to describe any faults and will have reduced the pricing to reflect the degree of fault that we can detect; however there remains a risk that some more minor fault or blemish will have remained undetected.

What are samples / seconds ? Is it like pot luck whether it has a defect or not?

Lusk 02 Sep 2019

OK, thanks.   I have a mental block with with reading fb pages!

Graeme G 02 Sep 2019

I saw that earlier today. Nothing more than a feeling but it just looked too good to be true for me. There’s plenty of other deals out there, but obviously nowhere near as cheap. 

Andypeak 02 Sep 2019

Yes they are genuine. They are just down the road from me and are brilliant. If you are ever around notts and get a chance to pop in they give you an extra 25% off if you are BMC, ramblers, police, fire, NHS etc.

In reply to Graeme G:

Yeah I thought the exact same. 

The prices are decent. I mostly use Rab products so my next topic will be : "what's the best ME jacket for doing WHW and Munro's" lol

I've narrowed it down to the rupal Vs Lhotse

Fiona Reid 02 Sep 2019

I've used them a few times with no issues whatsoever and would happily use again if they had something I wanted. 

In addition to the other discounts they are also one of the companies you get 20 or 25% off with MTA membership too. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...