Odlo gear any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Graeme G 27 Aug 2019

Usually loyal to Mountain Equipment and Rab as they fit and do the job well. I also like Icebreaker but find they wear through really quickly. 

Thinking of grabbing a few bargains from Odlo and just wandering if anyone has any useful opinions?

Mostly just winter walking these days.

Pedro50 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

I've got an Odlo synthetic baselayer. Fine for one outing but it stinks. Icebreaker Merino with 13% nylon seems to last much better than 100% merino and is virtually odour free. 

Dark-Cloud 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

I have numerous Odlo base layers, it think its brilliant kit, their warm base layers are all i use for skiing, they have a brushed inner which is really nice against the skin

EDIT: To counter the above stink issues i wore one of their winter base layers for a full 6 days skiing (i'm not proud of it but things happened) no stink, but in fairness i think its one of the odour protect ones so it works well.

Post edited at 16:15
 Dark-Cloud 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Pedro50:

Whereas i would only use Merino for washing my bike with, hateful stuff.

wert 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

Their sports bras are excellent. 🙂

Doug 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

I've several shirts/tops & often wonder why its common in France & Switzerland but almost unknown in the UK. Comfortable, quick drying & long lasting too.

OP Graeme G 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

Thanks all. I hadn’t thought of the stink issue. Maybe I just come off the hill smelling of lavender so have never considered it an issue?

I’ll buy a few sales items and see how I get on.

Ta

Post edited at 16:32
 nniff 27 Aug 2019
In reply to Graeme G:

I have some ODLO long johns that date from 1987 - the waist elastic has had to be replaced, but still going.  Other items of less advanced years all good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...