UKC

VIDEO: Meall Buidhe - The Final Munro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 14 Aug 2019
[Meall Buidhe - The Final Munro]

On Sunday 14th July 2019 David Linnett came to the end of a 22-year odyssey, finishing all 282 Munros with an ascent of Meall Buidhe (946m) from Inverie in Knoydart. His short film features one-eyed seals, jellyfish, gorgeous mountains and some aerial footage of the stunningly beautiful and delightfully remote Knoydart.

Watch the video: https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=4814
 Michael Hood 14 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Another nice little film, up to your usual standard - thanks

Beautiful day to finish on where you can just spend time on the summit with those views.

Munro tops next?

Having finished the Wainwrights last year (Lakes is easy from N Manchester - I only get to Scotland once every few years so I've never set myself the Munros), I am now "stuck" with having discovered along the way, various other lists and summit criteria - Fellrangers, Nuttalls, Birketts, etc. some of which I have of course missed (and could have easily done) whilst doing the Ws. So I compiled myself a "master" list of Lakes/Cumbria bumps etc and now find myself only just over 50% of the way there

All good fun though, and takes you to places you never knew in an area you thought you did

Welsh Kate 14 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Many congratulations!

Brought back happy memories of a fab week in Knoydart in spring 2012, though my abiding memory of Meall Buidhe is the slop-fest of a descent down the nose of Druim Righeanaich!

BALD EAGLE 15 Aug 2019
In reply to Michael Hood:

> Another nice little film, up to your usual standard - thanks

> Beautiful day to finish on where you can just spend time on the summit with those views.

> Munro tops next?

Thanks a million for your kind words Michael and my wife, friends and I lucked out with a glorious weather window to take the ferry from Mallaig to Inverie for my final Munro.

I have no burning desire to do the Munro tops but there are hundreds of rock climbs I want to do in Scotty! And on the walking front I'll probably go up some of the best Corbett's, revisit a few favourite Munro's by different routes and I really want to walk the Cape Wrath Trail, Hebridean Way and the Trotternish Ridge so still lots to do!

Cheers

Dave

Post edited at 06:54
 BALD EAGLE 15 Aug 2019
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Many thanks for the positive vibes Kate and Knoydart is a truly magical place! I'm glad the vid evoked some happy memories

Cheers

Dave

Fiona Reid 15 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great video. Thanks for sharing. 

Lankyman 15 Aug 2019
In reply to UKC Videos:

Brought back a lot of great memories. We came at it during a cross country trip through from Glenfinnan via Oban and Sourlies bothies with excellent weather. Camped out on the peninsula opposite Inverie. The ticks were the only downer. Sadly, seem to have stalled with about 90 Munro's still left.

BALD EAGLE 16 Aug 2019
In reply to Fiona Reid:

> Great video. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks Fiona muchly appreciated! Cheers Dave

BALD EAGLE 16 Aug 2019
In reply to Lankyman:

> Brought back a lot of great memories. We came at it during a cross country trip through from Glenfinnan via Oban and Sourlies bothies with excellent weather. Camped out on the peninsula opposite Inverie. The ticks were the only downer. Sadly, seem to have stalled with about 90 Munro's still left.

Thanks Lankyman I'm glad the vid evoked some nice memories and I hope you get back into gear on those Munro's with only 90 left! Cheers Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...