Camp Exentric #10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reiner 22 Jul 2019

Hello,

I would like to complete my set of old style Camp Exentrics on knotted slings and therefore I am searching for an #10 in good shape. Does any one of you have one to sell or trade off?

cragtyke 22 Jul 2019
In reply to Reiner:

I've not got a 10, but I do have an 11.

OP Reiner 23 Jul 2019
In reply to cragtyke:

I do have all sizes from #1 to #11 except the #10. At the crags I climb there is rarely a placement for a #11 but #10 is quiet common so I really do miss it.

OP Reiner 28 Jul 2019

I found out that C.A.M.P.  produced their exentrics under the license from Chouinard. Does anyone know if the exentrics are exactly the same as the Chouinard hexes? I know that the later Black Diamond hexentrics do have a slightly different geometry but maybe the exentrics have the original shape of the Chouinard hexentrics.

overdrawnboy 28 Jul 2019
In reply to Reiner:

I know one or two old style camp eccentrics I could put you in touch with.

OP Reiner 29 Jul 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

I'am really annoyed that the italians gave their hexentrics such an idiotic name. Try yourself searching the web for camp exentrics and you will see that it is just a mess. Nevertheless I am still on the hunt and won't give up to soon.

overdrawnboy 29 Jul 2019
In reply to Reiner:

On a more serious note; what are the smallest size they go to? I've always carried Chouinard 2,3, and 4 on rope and think they're amazingly versatile and do wonder if they could be replaced if I lost any.

OP Reiner 29 Jul 2019

The camp ones go down to size 1 (12-17 mm). This size does have 5 mm holes in it which are meant to take 4mm accessory cord. The breaking load mentioned in the manual is only 3 kN so it will not hold the slightest fall. It is only usefull for aid climbing. The wired version instead is stamped with a 10 kN mark. This is why I prefer the wired ones in the smaller sizes even though you can't actually use the second placing option due to the stiffness of the wire. Eventually you carry a hexentric but can only use it as a nut (or stopper or rock, however it is called correctly in english language). The sizes 2 and 3 can be equipped with 5.5 mm kevlar or dyneema cord, so they are fine. If you want to have a size 1 I could send you one. It is good for being a key pendant .

The original exentrics had been discontinued roughly 15 years ago. The were replaced by the "carvex" hexentrics. The production of the carvex has stopped this year as far as I know.

Post edited at 21:13
 overdrawnboy 29 Jul 2019
In reply to Reiner:

I have up the no:1 years as being too small.

OP Reiner 29 Jul 2019

This is where you go if you need to replace your Chouinard hexes:

https://amp-versand.com/Hexentrics-4

Incredibly they still have some of the old hexentrics in stock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...