PRODUCT NEWS: The Bells! The Bells! – An extract from Andy Pollitt's Punk in the Gym

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 22 Jul 2019
Punk in the Gym Review Following the release of Nick Brown's Statement of Youth, Andy shares an extract from his autobiography recounting his ascent of The Bells! the Bells!

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Page not found etc etc

In reply to Frank the Husky:

Please try refreshing the not found page.

Mick Ward 22 Jul 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

The horror!

Must have been awful for Mark Leach belaying, watching Andy get so close to losing everything.

One of the best ever descriptions of climbing in the death zone.

So glad it worked out OK.

Mick

AP Melbourne 26 Jul 2019
In reply to Mick Ward and others.

Thanks Mick et al.

Indeed it truly was Mick and yes, Mark was there for three hours. He recounts slipping of the boulder as the tide swept in but had just enough slack out he didn't pull me off.

Best to all and thanks UKC.

Andy.

tehmarks 27 Jul 2019
In reply to AP Melbourne:

Sublime writing Andy. I'm going to have to buy the book now!

AP Melbourne 28 Jul 2019
In reply to tehmarks:

> Sublime writing Andy. I'm going to have to buy the book now!

Ooh cheers teh_mark, appreciated, and the one pound twenty pence royalty payment means I can afford solids to eat this week.

On a wider note; Am a tad perplexed - given the [mere] 24 Amazon reviews and the magazine write-ups from UK, USA, Canada, South Africa [sadly not Aus] were so positive and the Evening Sends 'Lakes & Shrivel Dick' Andrew Bisharat reproduced over the pond and now this Bells chapter are actually two of my favorites. 'Snookered,,,' was actually written in a 14hr sitting throughout the day, evening & night and I was blind drunk. Discovered it in Drafts two days later and couldn't quite believe how [I thought] well it read!

I hope you do enjoy 'Punk,,,' its kinda 'different'.

Kindest regs,

Andy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...