Lightroom on an ipad or other tablet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kevin stephens 16 Jul 2019

I have lightroom 6 on my laptop but would rather not take it on trips so thinking of taking a tablet for the van; more portable and can be charged from a USB etc.  Does anyone use a tablet for lightroom editing?  How does it compare to the laptop version in real life use, particularly for RAW editing? 

jethro kiernan 16 Jul 2019
In reply to kevin stephens:

I have used the phone and tablet with mobile Lightroom 

unfortunately my iPad died before I got full mobile Lightroom so I can’t really comment on the I pad bit, I would imagine it’s pretty good now judging what I manage on the phone.

Certainly if your wanting to get something “out there” when traveling I would probably be a good solution 

i believe I pad pros were designed with this in mind

On doing a bit more research it looks like I need to subscribe to CC at £20 a month to get the features I want, that’s nearly £1,000 over 4 years! Looks like I’ll be lugging my laptop around 

Affinity Photo looks good value, £20 to purchase outright. Do any on UJC use it!

Frank R. 17 Jul 2019

Was somewhat ok, when I still had my adobe subscription (the subscription model is pretty outrageous for an individual though!). Still much slower in real use than camera raw on a laptop, and the interface is still pretty bad - there was no way to apply edits to a whole batch of photos and other quirks like that. I did use it just for jpegs, my ipad was quite underpowered for any raws (perhaps the newer one are better, no idea). Although, if you have the last non-CC LR version, don't bother, 10-20 quid a month is crazy. For all that money, they could really afford to hire some top notch UI designers...

Post edited at 11:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...