La Sportiva Otaki Women's worn by Men

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Madajo 09 Jul 2019

In trying on shoes, I've found that the fit of the Otaki Women's to be much better for me than the men's fit. The only problem is the rubber on the women's version is softer, and I'm really after some supportive shoes. Have any other men tried these shoes and found them to not be very supportive?

Removed User 10 Jul 2019
In reply to Madajo:

>  Have any other men tried these shoes and found them to not be very supportive?

That's to be expected - if you didn't already know, the whole shoe is less stiff (in common with Sportiva's other ostensibly 'women's' shoes), assuming female climbers to be smaller and lighter than male ones. The standard ones in your size should be stiffer - but therefore perhaps less conforming to your feet, at least initially.

OP Madajo 11 Jul 2019
In reply to Removed UserBwox:

I've tried the standard version and the top of the foot just doesn't fit properly at all. Might have to find another stiff shoe!

GoneFishing111 11 Jul 2019
In reply to Madajo:

I love the Otaki, at first i could barely wear them but after a while they were brilliant and could wear them all day, so much so that i had them resoled twice. 

Using their softer relative the Skwama for bouldering at the minute, same last - brilliant shoe.

Post edited at 20:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...