Zajo Tents?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aliReid 27 Jun 2019

I've seen some suspiciously good deals on Zajo tents recently.  On paper they seem pretty decent but I've never heard of the brand before. Does anyone have any hands on experience with them?

In reply to aliReid:

Yeah they look a real steal some of them at 600 quid for a tent from a company nobody has heard of.

I like the boxer shorts on the first page a real bargain at 48 quid .

OP aliReid 27 Jun 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Sportpursuit has their expedition tent discounted to 265, pretty cheap if it's as good as it claims to be:

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1497949?click=eyJxdWVy...

In reply to aliReid:

> Sportpursuit has their expedition tent discounted to 265, pretty cheap if it's as good as it claims to be:

I particularly like the way you have to enter your email address to view that page properly.

Suspicious stuff that.  Which might I add I didn't

Post edited at 15:09
cb294 27 Jun 2019
In reply to aliReid:

Zajo is a Slovak fashion and outdoor gear company that make OKish copies of Hilleberg tents. 600 quid sounds wrong, though, their flagship expedition tent costs 350 Euros in Germany.

CB

TMM 27 Jun 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> I particularly like the way you have to enter your email address to view that page properly.

> Suspicious stuff that.  Which might I add I didn't

Nothing wrong with the Sport Pursuit website.

They sell overstock items for many reputable fitness and outdoors brands. Part of the deal is that pricing has to be behind a closed door to keep other stockists happy, hence the login required. 

Some of the RRP data is highly spurious and looks like the inflated data you might in other outlets like TK-Maxx.

I've used them before for running kit and Arc'Teryx samples. They do what they say they're going to do.

Guy Hurst 27 Jun 2019
In reply to aliReid:

I have some Zajo clothing and it's good in terms of materials, design and durability, but maybe lacks the stylish finish of more mainstream brands. I would not pay the RRP for it claimed on the Sportpursuit website, but it's good value at what I did pay. I've not seen or used one of the Zajo tents.

Frank R. 27 Jun 2019
In reply to aliReid:

It's an ok Slovak brand, they did some ok'ish or even good clothing, the tents are mostly copies of Hilleberg but a bit heavier and using cheaper (not necessarily less durable) materials. Their .sk website often lists the tents as discounted (marketing, thus I would not trust the RRP on other sites), the one you linked is listed at 350eur there, but was available few years ago even cheaper.

In reply to TMM:

I registered for Sportspursuit and bought a pair of trousers from them  but have been underwhelmed by the lack of decent deals. 90% of the time I find the stuff they are selling at 'huge discount on RRP' is available elsewhere at a similar price. 

Larefia 28 Jun 2019
In reply to DubyaJamesDubya:

Very much a case of pick and choose on the deals they offer sometimes it is a decent saving other times its around the same as everywhere else. Careful shopping saves pounds

In reply to Larefia:

Agree but I got a bit fed up with the constant stream of emails saying 'buy now or miss out' only to see the same stuff still there months later, combined with the effort of cross checking every price to see if it was a great deal only to find it mostly wasn't. 

cb294 28 Jun 2019
In reply to Frank R.:

I have the Hilleberg Tarra tent that one is modelled on, and it is easily the best tent ever for rough conditions. The hybrid tunnel/geodesic design is absolutely bomb proof. 

I am actually tempted to get one of Zajos as well one can never have enough tents, but mainly for trips where there is a risk of the tent being stolen), but would wait until I can find one somewhere for well below €300.

CB 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...