REVIEW: Mountain Equipment Ogre 33+ Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 14 Jun 2019
Whilst the pack is indeed well suited for trad, it's suitable for a range of activities Last year Mountain Equipment released the Tupilak Pack to much fanfare. It's at the cutting edge of design, material and technology. However, it comes at a cost. Calls for a more affordable alternative have now been met with the Ogre. So how did Rob Greenwood get on with it?

Read more
 tbm 14 Jun 2019

> We weren't keen on the fiddly compression strap hooks on the Tupilak either

I found once you figure out the knack for the Tupilak's compression strap hooks they are super quick and easy to use, even with gloves.

In reply to tbm:

I still don't have the knack!

In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Me neither!!

Jadey 15 Jun 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Yet no 42l version for women? What, do women not do winter climbing? Not the reviewer's fault of course, but am pretty tired of seeing reviews for stuff where women are still treated as second class....so I wont be buying one and will stick with the Scandinavian and Swiss brands that don't  discriminate.....

In reply to Jadey:

Hi Jadey,

Apologies for the delayed reply, and for not addressing this within the review. It is something I had noticed and hoped to pose the question to ME, but ran out of time due to the birth of my daughter a couple of weeks ago. 

I've just got back off paternity leave this week, and we'll be seeing Mountain Equipment at OutDoor this weekend, so bear with and we'll see if we can get an answer for you. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...