Leeds Running Clubs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 10 Jun 2019

I'm looking to join some kind of running club in Leeds now that I'm getting back into it following injury.

My current level is steady at 4:30-5:00 min/kms up to about 8km but can push myself to be faster too. Sub 4 minute km's are okay but not for more than a few at the moment. 

I'd like to get back into doing longer trail runs (c.10-15 miles) but following an injury I'm currently capped at about 50 mins before my knee starts to ache again - though this is continuing to get better having been seeing a physio for the past 6 months - he's happy for me to start doing more now.

I'm hoping that by having structured sessions (sprints, intervals etc) I can build up the strength more which I'm not getting at the moment through general runs. 

Can anyone recommend any local clubs? Happy to travel a bit for a good one if needed. 

IanNicBit 10 Jun 2019
In reply to James Malloch:

Hyde Park Harriers would seem to fit your bill. They have groups that run at a range of distances and seem very welcoming.

shuffle 25 Jun 2019
In reply to James Malloch:

There are absolutely loads of running clubs in Leeds, some much more competitive (Leeds City; Pudsey and Bramley) and others are more social, with a wider mix of abilities.

Whereabouts in Leeds are you based?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...