Mountain Hardwear Direttissima 50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ayo-SSB 30 Apr 2019

Does anyone have any info on the MH Direttissima 50 - looking at buying one but there does not seem to be a lot of info available on the web. 

Looking to purchase to replace my MH Dihedral which I have had for 10+ years and recently damaged in a fall. I think this was a 40l. 

Mostly for use in alpine mixed climbing, climbing/mountaineering and scrambling.  Want something durable (so don't mind the extra weight).  Mostly climb with the wife and kids so I end up carrying most of the climbing kit.  

Slightly concerned that the 50L size - seems very big, but looked at the MH Scrambler 30 which was tiny; possible that MH are measuring their literage slightly differently?  

Any other recommendations? 

Was also looking at the Black Diamond speed 40 - but seems a lot less robust. 

misterb 30 Apr 2019
In reply to Ayo-SSB:

its very well made,very durable,very comfy loaded up to about 15kg witch is the max i have put in it 

Supposed to be waterproof but i haven't tested that bit significantly other than being out in the odd shower which has been fine

I've only used it for general cragging but would think it is a bit oversized for scrambling although you can strip the lid off easily

like the big zip pocket on the front of the bag and the crampon  pocket is good for water bottles or flasks(i don't winter climb)

Very good bag in my opinion and probably dot on for50l size wise

​​​

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...