Lake District - Clean Routes 2019

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ssshhh 28 Apr 2019

Incantations (E6 6b)

I gave the main pitch a good scrub. Bold, but relatively easy if it's still chalked.

Supernatural (E5 6a)

Didn't clean it beyond climbing it but prob cleaner than it was.

The Vikings (E3 5c)

Clean enough, there are an old-ish Cam 3 and Cam 4 in-situ (well stuck) where it gets interesting.

The Lord of the Rings (E2 5c)

This route is awful (relative to the many magnificent routes it crosses) but, if you must climb it, it is prob cleaner now than it was.

​​​​​​Let's hope it stays dry...

Scott Quinn 29 Apr 2019
In reply to Ssshhh:

Class on cleaning Incantations!

Keen on getting up there for that.

The Norseman (E4 6a) - Dow Crag, now spotlessly clean

The Cumbrian (E5 6b) - Esk Buttress, Although early in the year was spotless, dug out one placement (where it didn't count) no stuck wire at the crux.

A bit of esoterica I scrubbed the other week Relentless Rage (E7 6a)

In bigger better news, a man is cleaning Nagasaki Grooves (E4 6b)! currently a few trips into getting it sorted sounds a massive effort & BIG RESPECT to him! Hopefully he shouts up when he's done, but its currently the best its been for a long time.

joe.91 29 Apr 2019
In reply to Ssshhh:

Swirl Crag was pretty clean yesterday, did Californian Weirdo (E2 5c) and Frank (HVS 5a) as the rest were wet due to seepage. 

On a side note Californian Weirdo was superb and easily merits 3 stars! 

Post edited at 10:38
 snoop6060 29 Apr 2019
In reply to Scott Quinn:

> The Cumbrian (E5 6b) - Esk Buttress, Although early in the year was spotless, dug out one placement (where it didn't count) no stuck wire at the crux.

Can someone go and get a new one stuck I'm finally gonna march up there and do this this year. Nice shiny one please. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...