Decathlon Alpinism Light hardshell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jellington 02 Apr 2019

Hi! 

I'm looking for a new hardshell jacket for summer alpine stuff, so general mountaineering, some rockclimbing en hut treks. Has anyone used the Simond Alpinism Light jacket? I know their other stuff, like soft- or hardshell trousers, are great but haven't read too much about this jacket. It certainly does look great value. Are there any major downsides? 

Thanks in advance.

Jelle 

HeMa 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Jellington:

Haven't used it, as it didn't fit me well... But was considering it.

To me, it might be a really bargain, provided it fit.

Major downsides I can think off, is the fact that it won't be as breathtable as high-end 'Ryx or Patagucci. But then again,  it's a lot cheaper.

I would think it as a better cut Marmot Precip or Patagucci Torrenshell...

wbo 02 Apr 2019
In reply to HeMa: hi can you call it better cut if it didn't fit you? 

HeMa 02 Apr 2019
In reply to wbo:

yes... a potato bag with 10cm straight arms (Precip) is not a good cut by any measurement... Torrent shell was not much better.

The Simond one atleast did have a technical cut, which imho for the purpose is better... even if it didn't suit my frame. It just wasn't good for me.

beardy mike 02 Apr 2019
In reply to HeMa:

> The Simond one atleast did have a technical cut, which imho for the purpose is better... even if it didn't suit my frame. It just wasn't good for me.

Is this code for "I've got a bit of a tummy."?

HeMa 02 Apr 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Nope... though it could have been...

The jacket was either too baggy for my liking, or the sleeves were too short...

OP Jellington 02 Apr 2019
In reply to HeMa:

Mmm.. yeah interesting, fit is everything ofcourse. 

I don't expect it to have the same breathability or attention to detail as the top-end stuff, if it has a nice hood (with and without helmet), is durable, breathable, waterproof and has decent sized pockets I'm happy with it. 

I'll give it a go whenever I'm near a Decathlon! Thanks

beardy mike 03 Apr 2019
In reply to HeMa:

Haha fair enough... have just heard that criticism levelled at Rab jackets. By me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...