Synthetic belay jacket with internal pockets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 outdoorstu 01 Apr 2019

Looking for a mid-weight jacket. 

Ideally synthetic, two way zip for climbing and kit harness, two large internal pockets for keep gloves or climbing shoes warm. 

My Mammut jacket that fits the bill is falling apart and I can’t find a replacement. 

Any recommendations?

Dell 01 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

You could just get any jacket with the two way zip and get pockets sewn in.  (or do it yourself) It's the sort of thing alpkit would do for a small fee. 

OP outdoorstu 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Dell:

Not a bad idea, it certainly opens up the possibilities. 

Ridge 01 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

Alpkit 0hiro would have fit the bill, but now discontinued. I'm sure they must have an alternative.

The9inger 01 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

The Black Diamond stance belay parka fits the bill, lovely and warm too, might be worth looking at the belay hoodie which is less warm but very similar

MischaHY 01 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

Bit of a different option but check out the MIG jacket from Carinthia. It's really warm, durable and has plenty in the way of pockets. Only available in green though. I've just got one and it's honestly immense.

nathan79 01 Apr 2019
In reply to Ridge:

The Apogee is the current equivalent. Looks like a good bit of kit for £160.

George Cox 02 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

Rab Photon X maybe?

benp1 02 Apr 2019
In reply to outdoorstu:

You could always use a lanyard/bandolier type sling to attach gloves and shoes to so you can just hang them, means you can reposition them if required and also then use any jacket

Obviously depends if they have hanging loops on them!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...